SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
This bright red garlicky sauce (pronounced roo-EE) has a nice kick of cayenne. Traditionally an accompaniment for bouillabaisse, it's also great served as a condiment with grilled shrimp or mahi-mahi.
1/3 cup, for 6 servings
Active Time: 5 minutes |
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced, garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Pinch saffron, (see Tip)
- Combine red peppers, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne and saffron in a food processor; pulse, scraping down the sides as necessary, until smooth.
Per serving :
1 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
3 g Carbohydrates;
0 g Protein;
0 g Fiber;
257 mg Sodium;
6 mg Potassium
Exchanges: Per 2 servings: 1/2 fat
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Tip: Saffron is the dried stigma of a saffron crocus. It contributes a pungent flavor and intense yellow color to classic dishes like paella. Saffron is sold in threads and powdered form.