Slow-Roasted Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
Roasting tomatoes brings out their inherent sweetness.
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 14 slices baguette, (preferably whole-wheat), toasted
- Anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Toss tomatoes with oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until broken down, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Combine the roasted tomatoes with basil and vinegar.
- Top baguette slices with the roasted tomato mixture. Garnish with anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil.
Per serving :
1 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
1 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
13 g Carbohydrates;
3 g Protein;
3 g Fiber;
178 mg Sodium;
157 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 starch