SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Red & White Salad
EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)
Bitter, sweet and peppery flavors marry well in this confetti-like salad of wintery fruit and vegetables.
8 servings, about 1 3/4 cups each
Active Time: 25 minutes |
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups thinly sliced hearts of romaine
- 2 heads Belgian endive, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 15-ounce can hearts of palm, drained, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 head radicchio, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- Champagne Vinaigrette, (recipe follows)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Toss romaine, endive, fennel, hearts of palm, radicchio, apple and radishes together in a large salad bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat. Season with pepper.
Per serving :
7 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
5 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
11 g Carbohydrates;
2 g Protein;
3 g Fiber;
424 mg Sodium;
324 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare salad without dressing, cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Toss with vinaigrette just before serving.