SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Brussels Sprouts with Walnut-Lemon Vinaigrette
EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)
Here we dress steamed Brussels sprouts with a delicate vinaigrette flavored with fresh lemon and nutty walnut oil.
4 servings, about 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket and steam in a large saucepan over 1 inch of boiling water until tender, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, shallot, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the sprouts to the dressing; toss to coat.
Per serving :
7 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
2 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
10 g Carbohydrates;
3 g Protein;
3 g Fiber;
188 mg Sodium;
405 mg Potassium
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat