SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
A sprinkle of Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil transform tomatoes into the perfect side dish. Or try sandwiching them between slices of your favorite whole-wheat country bread.
Active Time: 5 minutes |
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Per serving :
6 g Fat;
2 g Sat;
4 g Mono;
4 mg Cholesterol;
6 g Carbohydrates;
3 g Protein;
2 g Fiber;
375 mg Sodium;
363 mg Potassium
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Nutrition Note: What you get: Vitamins A & C, potassium, calcium.