SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Swedish Yellow Split Pea Soup with Ham
This yellow split pea soup has fresh ginger to give it a bright flavor. Use the best ham you can find to get the most flavor.
8 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each
Active Time: 25 minutes |
Total Time: Slow-cooker time: 5-8 hours
- 3 cups yellow split peas (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 8 ounces ham, trimmed and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place split peas in a medium bowl. Wash with cold water until the water runs clear; drain and spread in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add broth, water, onion, carrot, celery, ham, ginger and marjoram to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for 5 hours on High or 7 to 8 hours on Low. Season with pepper.
Per serving :
3 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
1 g Mono;
16 mg Cholesterol;
51 g Carbohydrates;
28 g Protein;
20 g Fiber;
691 mg Sodium;
1065 mg Potassium
Cover and cook for 5 hours on High or 7 to 8 hours on Low. Season with pepper. Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prep carrots, celery, ginger and dice ham; refrigerate in separate containers. Equipment: 5- to 6-quart slow cooker