SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Almond Cream with Strawberries
The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
A dollop of lightly sweetened ricotta over fresh berries makes a sophisticated, super-simple dessert.
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups strawberries, rinsed
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 2 tablespoons sugar or Splenda Granular
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Toast almonds in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until golden and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Hull strawberries, slice and divide among 4 dessert plates. Mix ricotta with sugar (or Splenda) and almond extract until smooth. Spoon over the berries and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
Per serving :
9 g Fat;
3 g Sat;
4 g Mono;
19 mg Cholesterol;
16 g Carbohydrates;
9 g Protein;
2 g Fiber;
78 mg Sodium;
237 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 medium-fat meat
Nutrition Note: Per serving with Splenda: 1; 168 calories, 12 g carbohydrate