SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Grapes & Strawberries in Grappa
Sweetened grappa gives fresh fruit a decidedly Greek flavor. Try serving this over lightly sweetened ricotta for a special treat.
4 servings, generous 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 2 hours
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup grappa
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved or sliced
- 1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes, halved lengthwise
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Combine sugar, grappa and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Place over low heat, swirling just until sugar dissolves.
- Combine strawberries, grapes and grappa syrup In a medium bowl. Refrigerate until cold. Serve garnished with mint sprigs.
Per serving :
0 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
33 g Carbohydrates;
1 g Protein;
2 g Fiber;
2 mg Sodium;
261 mg Potassium
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
Tips & Notes
Ingredient note: Grappa is an Italian spirit, distilled from the residue of grapes remaining in the wine press after the juice has been extracted for wine. You can substitute kirsch or Framboise.