SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Asparagus Topped with Creamy Tarragon Sauce
This sauce is like a luscious, creamy bearnaise sauce without all the calories and fat.
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 bunches asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Put asparagus in a steamer basket, cover and steam until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, tarragon, lemon juice, water, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle the sauce over the asparagus. Serve warm or cold.
Per serving :
7 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
2 g Mono;
8 mg Cholesterol;
10 g Carbohydrates;
4 g Protein;
2 g Fiber;
350 mg Sodium;
336 mg Potassium
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the sauce for up to 3 days.