SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Lemon Lovers' Asparagus
EatingWell Serves Two
Roast whole slices of lemon along with the asparagus for a beautiful look and sparkling, bright taste. Great with seafood, especially salmon or scallops.
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 bunches asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss asparagus, lemon slices, oil, oregano, salt and pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, shaking the pan occasionally to toss, until the asparagus is tender-crisp, 13 to 15 minutes.
Per serving :
7 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
5 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
9 g Carbohydrates;
2 g Protein;
4 g Fiber;
302 mg Sodium;
241 mg Potassium
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 fat