SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Fresh Tomato Salsa
EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)
Fresh and easy, this recipe yields about 5 cups of salsa—plenty to serve a crowd. If you like spicy salsa, use the full amount of jalapenos and add more cayenne pepper.
10 servings, 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 30 minutes |
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups diced tomatoes, (5-6 medium)
- 3/4 cup finely diced red onion, (about 1 small)
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- Combine tomatoes, onion, vinegar, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and cayenne in a medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Per serving :
0 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
5 g Carbohydrates;
1 g Protein;
1 g Fiber;
124 mg Sodium;
185 mg Potassium
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.