SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Since pesto is a “raw” sauce, the flavor of the olive oil is crucial to its success. Use the best first-cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil you can comfortably afford.
About 1 cup
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place basil, mint, almonds, oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic and salt in a food processor; pulse a few times, then process until fairly smooth, or to the desired consistency.
Per 2-tablespoon serving :
7 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
5 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
2 g Carbohydrates;
1 g Protein;
1 g Fiber;
74 mg Sodium;
86 mg Potassium
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fat
Tips & Notes
To toast sliced almonds Cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.