SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Enjoy this crunchy, refreshing alternative to mayonnaise-based coleslaw on a taco or on the side.
8 servings, generous 1 cup each
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 cups very thinly sliced green cabbage, (about 1/2 head) (see Tip)
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and grated carrots, (2-3 medium)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place cabbage and carrots in a colander; rinse thoroughly with cold water to crisp. Let drain for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk cilantro, vinegar, oil and salt in a large bowl. Add cabbage and carrots; toss well to coat.
Per serving :
4 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
3 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
5 g Carbohydrates;
1 g Protein;
2 g Fiber;
97 mg Sodium;
199 mg Potassium
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat (mono
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Toss again to refresh just before serving.
Tip: To make this coleslaw even faster, use a coleslaw mix containing cabbage and carrots from the produce section of the supermarket.