SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006),
The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
The tropical flavors of this quick mango salsa complement chicken, pork or mild white fish.
4 servings, about 1/3 cup each
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 ripe mango, diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine mango, onion, lime juice, vinegar and cilantro in a medium bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes; stir before serving.
Per serving :
0 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
12 g Carbohydrates;
0 g Protein;
1 g Fiber;
2 mg Sodium;
121 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit
Tips & Notes
Tip: To cut a mango:
1. Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside. Set the fruit upright on a work surface and remove the skin with a sharp knife.
2. With the seed perpendicular to you, slice the fruit from both sides of the seed, yielding two large pieces.
3. Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side.
4. Cut the fruit into the desired shape.