SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Spinach, Avocado & Mango Salad
The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Reader Jennifer Sanders contributed this salad, which offers a wealth of color and texture, as well as antioxidants.
4 servings, 2 cups each
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil, almond oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 10 cups baby spinach leaves, (about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces
- 8-12 small red radishes, (1 bunch), sliced
- 1 small ripe mango, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- To prepare dressing: Whisk juice, vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- To prepare salad: Just before serving, combine spinach, radicchio, radishes and mango in a large bowl. Add the dressing; toss to coat. Garnish each serving with avocado slices.
Per serving :
14 g Fat;
2 g Sat;
2 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
10 g Carbohydrates;
3 g Protein;
6 g Fiber;
258 mg Sodium;
479 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 3 fat (mono)