SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Lemony Carrot Salad with Dill
EatingWell Serves Two,
The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Carrots are great keepers, so this makes a handy, refreshing salad when you haven't had time to shop for fresh greens. It brightens up a tuna sandwich too.
4 servings, 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups grated carrots, (4 medium-large)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add carrots, dill and scallions; toss to coat. Chill until serving time.
Per serving :
7 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
5 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
6 g Carbohydrates;
1 g Protein;
2 g Fiber;
184 mg Sodium;
198 mg Potassium
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.