Chicken Salad Wraps
The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
Guaranteed crowd-pleasers, these wraps are perfect for leftover grilled chicken. The distinctive salty flavor from the fish sauce is balanced by fresh mint and lemon juice.
Active Time: 40 minutes |
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce, (see Ingredient note)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken, (12 ounces)
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup grated carrots, (2 medium)
- 2/3 cup chopped scallions, (1 bunch)
- 2/3 cup slivered fresh mint
- Whisk lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic and crushed red pepper in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until softened and heated through. Keep warm.
- Combine lettuce, chicken, tomato, carrots, scallions and mint in a large bowl. Add 1/3 cup of the dressing; toss to coat.
- Set out the chicken mixture, tortillas and the remaining dressing for diners to assemble wraps at the table. Serve immediately.
Per serving :
9 g Fat;
2 g Sat;
4 g Mono;
89 mg Cholesterol;
49 g Carbohydrates;
40 g Protein;
5 g Fiber;
1018 mg Sodium;
783 mg Potassium
3 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 3 stach, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
Tips & Notes
Ingredient note: A pungent, soy sauce-like condiment used throughout Southeast Asia, fish sauce is made from fermented, salted fish. Available in large supermarkets and in Asian markets.
To warm tortillas in a microwave, stack between two damp paper towels; microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds, or until heated through.