SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Crab Salad with Pimiento Mayonnaise
The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Pimientos and a touch of cayenne enrich a light creamy dressing for a luxurious but healthful seafood salad that makes a sensational lunch or light supper.
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 2/3 cups cooked crab or lobster meat, picked over (see Ingredient note)
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, pimientos, garlic, salt and cayenne in a blender. Blend until smooth. Scrape into a bowl and mix in crab (or lobster). Adjust seasoning with salt and cayenne.
- Divide greens among 4 large plates and spoon salad on top. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving :
2 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
71 mg Cholesterol;
5 g Carbohydrates;
18 g Protein;
2 g Fiber;
378 mg Sodium;
571 mg Potassium
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 very lean meat
Tips & Notes
Ingredient Note: Four 1 1/4-pound lobsters yield 2 2/3 cups cooked meat.