SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Orange-Rosemary Glazed Chicken
The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Shine up plain baked chicken with a tart rosemary and citrus glaze. Serve with roasted potatoes and sauteed spinach.
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, (2 1/2-3 pounds total), skin removed, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar, malt vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and place, bone-side up, in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon rosemary.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, marmalade, vinegar and oil in a small bowl.
- Turn the chicken pieces over and top with the marmalade mixture. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes more. Serve immediately, spooning the sauce over the chicken.
Per serving :
3 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
1 g Mono;
107 mg Cholesterol;
10 g Carbohydrates;
43 g Protein;
0 g Fiber;
274 mg Sodium;
477 mg Potassium
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 7 very lean meat