A piquant South American sauce, aji complements almost any dish in which plain hot sauce might be used.
1 cup, for 24 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 10 scallions, (white part plus 1/2 inch of green), very finely chopped
- 2 serrano chiles, or jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Combine scallions, chiles, cilantro, vinegar, lime juice and salt to taste in a small bowl.
Per serving :
0 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
5 g Carbohydrates;
0 g Protein;
0 g Fiber;
54 mg Sodium;
22 mg Potassium
Exchanges: Per tablespoon = a free food
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.