SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
Imported olives are the secret to this dark, complex vinagirette.
1 1/4 cup
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, canola oil, mustard, olives, maple syrup (or brown sugar) and basil in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Per serving :
6 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
4 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
2 g Carbohydrates;
0 g Protein;
0 g Fiber;
47 mg Sodium;
11 mg Potassium
Exchanges: 1 fat
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.