SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Bistro Beef Salad
The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Shallot vinaigrette unifies a simple salad of leftover beef, potatoes and cherry tomatoes; serve with a loaf of crusty whole-wheat bread and a glass of Cabernet.
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into quarters (1 pound)
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large head red leaf lettuce, torn (8 cups)
- 2 cups red or yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 12 ounces cooked roast beef, or steak, thinly sliced
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with lightly salted water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk shallots, vinegar, mustard, parsley, tarragon and water in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the potatoes and rinse with cold water. Divide lettuce among 4 plates; arrange the potatoes, tomatoes and beef on top. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
Per serving :
15 g Fat;
5 g Sat;
7 g Mono;
69 mg Cholesterol;
25 g Carbohydrates;
28 g Protein;
3 g Fiber;
283 mg Sodium;
615 mg Potassium
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat