Begin the festivities with this rum-spiked fruity punch—green tea adds antioxidants and orange slices make a pretty garnish.
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 8 hours 35 minutes plus chilling time
- 2 lemons
- 2 oranges
- 1 1/2 cups dark rum
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons green tea leaves, or 9 green tea bags
- 1 bottle chilled Champagne, or sparkling wine
- 1 1-quart bottle chilled seltzer water
- Thinly slice both lemons and one orange. Combine the sliced fruit with rum in a bowl. Cover and let macerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in tea; let steep for 20 to 30 minutes. Strain into the rum mixture. Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, slice the remaining orange. Strain the rum mixture into a large punch bowl. Add Champagne or sparkling wine and seltzer. Float the orange slices in the punch.
Per serving :
0 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
34 g Carbohydrates;
0 g Protein;
0 g Fiber;
1 mg Sodium;
65 mg Potassium
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.