SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Roasted Tofu & Peanut Noodle Salad
Top this vegetarian noodle salad recipe, which is tossed with loads of veggies and ample peanut sauce, with chopped roasted peanuts for added crunch and protein.
5 servings, 2 cups each
Active Time: 40 minutes |
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 14- to 16-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 6 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced trimmed snow peas
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Put a large pot of water on to boil for spaghetti.
- Combine lime juice, soy sauce and oil in a large bowl. Stir in tofu; marinate, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tofu to the prepared baking sheet; reserve the marinade. Roast the tofu, stirring once halfway through, until golden brown, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- Whisk peanut butter, 3 tablespoons water, garlic and ginger into the reserved marinade. Add the spaghetti, cabbage, bell pepper and snow peas; toss to coat. Top with the tofu.
Per serving :
21 g Fat;
2 g Sat;
5 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
42 g Carbohydrates;
21 g Protein;
8 g Fiber;
546 mg Sodium;
321 mg Potassium
2 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 starch, 11/2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 high-fat meat, 2 1/2 fat