Cakes to Flip Over
Ever heard of rhubarb upside-down cake? Think rustic elegance. Our rosy-pink Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake has amazing flavor, with a crunchy brown sugar and nut topping that balances rhubarb’s tang, and a lot going for it nutritionally speaking.
To make this rhubarb cake healthy:
* We use whole-wheat pastry flour, which has all the benefits of whole grains; less gluten-forming potential than regular flour, it keeps the cake tender.
* We beat egg whites and fold them into the cake to keep it light and moist without added fat and calories.
* We add ground nuts to the cake, giving it richness and great flavor along with vitamins, minerals and heart-healthy unsaturated fats.
If you want to try your hand at another upside-down dessert, consider:
* Peach-Bourbon Upside-Down Cake Bake this Southern-inspired, moist and fruity cake when peaches are plentiful—from late June through July.
* Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Top down is the way to go for a gooey pecan-filled pineapple cake.
* Cherry-Almond Upside-Down Cake Cherries have a natural affinity with almonds; here they unite in a delicious upside-down cake.
* Apple-Walnut Upside-Down Cake Caramelized apple slices are the perfect complement to the rich walnut cake.
* Plum-Almond Upside-Down Cake Jewel-like plums are beautiful in this almond-flavored upside-down cake.
* Upside-Down Nectarine Muffins These upside-down nectarine muffins are a delicious summertime breakfast treat.
* Pineapple Upside-Down Muffins Glistening like sticky buns, these unusual muffins are packed with wholesome ingredients—vegetables, fruit and whole grains—so you can feel good about eating them.
* Upside-Down Pear Gingerbread Taking a cue from upside-down cakes, fragrant pears bake under gingerbread batter, making for a lovely presentation with minimum effort.
 http://www.addtoany.com/share_save?linkurl=healthy_cooking/quick_healthy_cooking/cakes_to_flip_over&linkname=Cakes to Flip Over