SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Grilled Broccoli Rabe
Although somewhat unconventional, grilling dark leafy greens like broccoli rabe is a fun way to add subtle smokiness. Here, we bump up the flavor by tossing it with a garlic-rosemary vinaigrette.
4 servings, about 2/3 cup each
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cook broccoli rabe in a large pot of boiling water until bright green and barely tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic powder, rosemary, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Grill the broccoli rabe, turning once, until tender and the leaves are just beginning to char, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Toss the broccoli rabe with the reserved dressing.
Per serving :
8 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
5 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
4 g Carbohydrates;
4 g Protein;
3 g Fiber;
183 mg Sodium;
231 mg Potassium
0 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat