Dinner in a bowl (and we’re not talking cereal)
When I say “dinner in a bowl,” I don’t mean cold cereal. Despite what you may call “dinner” in the privacy of your own kitchen or living room when no one else is watching, I prefer something more healthful and more satisfying. Granted, these recipes will take a little more effort than opening a box and a little more skill than sniffing the milk to make sure it’s still OK—but not much more. They’re worth setting the table for. Take the time to try these 5 delicious recipes and dinner will be ready before you can say “snap, crackle, pop!” (For more dinner ideas, check out our Quick Dinner Recipe Collection with 25+ recipes ready in 30 minutes or less.)
1. In just 25 minutes, you can be serving everyone in the house Inside-Out Lasagna . (Sounds cool, right?)
2. Quick Pork & Chile Stew goes from one pot into four bowls, steaming hot and full of south-of-the-border flavor.
3. It isn’t often we pull out the heavy cream around here, but when we do it’s for a very good cause: in this case, Cod with Tomato Cream Sauce (even so, it’s still just 1⁄4 cup of cream).
4. Perhaps you order out from Asian noodle houses more than you’d care to admit; master our recipe for spicy Brothy Chinese Noodles in a quick half hour and you’ll be making them regularly at home instead.
5. You don’t have to be a vegetarian to love Tofu au Vin , a meat-free twist on the classic French dish coq au vin (chicken and mushrooms simmered in a red-wine sauce).
Wendy Ruopp , Food Blog
Wendy Ruopp has been the managing editor of EatingWell for most of her adult life. Although she edits all the recipes for the magazine, her husband does the cooking at home.
Tell us what you think: