SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
This warm mixture is a distinctive twist on the classic hot buttered rum.
10 servings, 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, plus 10 for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
- 4 cups water
- 10 dashes bitters
- 12 ounces dark rum (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Using a muddler or large wooden spoon, mash sugar and herbs together in a large saucepan until the herbs are bruised and fragrant.
- Add water and bitters; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Stir in rum and cook for 1 minute. Add butter and cook, stirring, until it melts.
- Strain the mixture into a pitcher. Let stand for about 10 minutes to mellow the flavors. Serve in cordial glasses or other small heat-safe glasses, garnishing each drink with a mint leaf.
2 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
1 g Mono;
6 mg Cholesterol;
20 g Carbohydrates;
0 g Protein;
0 g Fiber;
4 mg Sodium;
3 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 1 alcohol equivalent
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Let cool, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Reheat on the stovetop over low heat or in the microwave on Medium.