SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Apple & Fennel Salad with Blue Cheese
Apples and blue cheese are a heavenly match in this fennel and apple salad recipe dressed with a tangy cider-vinegar dressing.
5 servings, about 2 cups each
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large crisp, sweet apple, such as Honeycrisp or Ambrosia, thinly sliced
- 1 medium fennel bulb, quartered and thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- 6 cups torn butterhead lettuce
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add apple and fennel and toss to coat. Chop 1/4 cup of the fennel fronds and add to the bowl along with lettuce and blue cheese; gently toss.
Per serving :
14 g Fat;
3 g Sat;
9 g Mono;
7 mg Cholesterol;
11 g Carbohydrates;
3 g Protein;
3 g Fiber;
269 mg Sodium;
414 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 2 fat
Tips & Notes
Shopping Tip: Choose unbruised, firm apples with smooth skin. Store for up to 4 months in the refrigerator.