Spicy Chipotle Roasted Potatoes
Roasted potatoes get a spicy, smoky flavor when tossed with ground chipotle peppers. If you like potato skins, just scrub the potatoes and leave the skins on—they add fiber and great texture.
4 servings, about 1 cup each
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold or red potatoes, scrubbed (peeled, if desired), and cut into 1-inch wedges or pieces
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper (see Note), or 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine oil, paprika, salt, garlic powder and ground chipotle (or chili powder) in a large bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat with the seasoning mixture.
- Spread the potatoes evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are tender and browned, 25 to 35 minutes.
Per serving :
5 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
4 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
30 g Carbohydrates;
4 g Protein;
3 g Fiber;
294 mg Sodium;
945 mg Potassium
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1 fat
Tips & Notes
Note: Chipotle peppers are dried, smoked jalapeño peppers. Ground chipotle chile pepper can be found in the specialty spice section of most supermarkets.