EatingWell's 500-Calorie Dinner Challenge
Jump-start your weight loss with our 500-Calorie Dinner Challenge!
"It would be great if you could add the weekly menu, then be able to prepare your shopping list from the menu. Right now, you have to click to add the recipe, then go to the menu planner and add all the items. "
Read blogs by co-authors and editors Jessie Price and Nicci Micco about taking the 500 calorie dinner challenge.
3 diet myths busted
Delicious 500 calorie dinners to help you lose weight
500-calorie dinner menus to make losing weight easier
The secret to weight loss: eat dessert. (It’s true!!)
Dinner secrets for diet success
More 500 Calorie Dinners
EatingWell's 500-Calorie Dinners
500-Calorie Dinners: 30-Minute Dinners
500-Calorie Dinners: Chicken
500-Calorie Dinners: Fish
500-Calorie Dinners: Beef
500-Calorie Dinners: Vegetarian
500-Calorie Dinners: Seafood
500-Calorie Dinners: Soups
500-Calorie Dinners: Salads
500-Calorie Dinners: Sandwiches
500-Calorie Dinners: Pork & Lamb
The best way to lose weight is to set a daily calorie goal and keep yourself accountable to that goal by keeping a food diary. But how do you cut calories from your diet sensibly?
The answer: by setting specific, short-term goals that feel “doable.” “I will never eat out again” is not a realistic goal. “I will cook at home more often” is better, but it leaves the door wide open to procrastination (oh, OK, didn’t get it together tonight…maybe tomorrow). Even better is a more specific goal: “For the next five weeks, I will cook a healthy 500-calorie dinner 5 times a week.”
That’s EatingWell's 500-Calorie Dinner Challenge—and here are 5 full weeks of menus. Click on the weeks below and schedule them into your calendar now.
5 Weeks of 500-Calorie Dinner Menus
- Buy the book now, EatingWell 500-Calorie Dinners.
- Listen to author Nicci Micco talk with Michael Ray Dresser about EatingWell 500-Calorie Dinners
Have questions? Send them along!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)