How to gauge how much is too much.
It isn’t often that we eat with measuring cups or scales, so how can we determine if we are eating the 1 oz slice of bread or the ½ cup of brown rice? Here, EatingWell shares some of our tricks.
* 1 tablespoon of peanut butter: about the size of an egg, cut in half lengthwise.
* 1 cup of cereal: the size of an average person’s fist
* 1 oz. French bread: the size and shape of half a deck of cards
* 5 oz glass of wine: It should be filled to the fattest part of the glass, about half way depending on the type of wine glass.
* 3 oz. cooked flank steak: about 5 thin slices
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)