Life in the Fast (Food) Lane
7 Healthy options when you’re eating out.
5. Salads. Round out any meal with a “side” or “garden” salad. Some full-meal salads are good options, but croutons and other nonvegetable toppings can quickly pile on the calories. As always, get your dressing on the side.
6. Vegetable soup or chili. These are usually filling and relatively low in fat and calories—but not always; check the nutrition information first.
7. The kid-size plain burger. This meat portion still satisfies, and it might even come with fruit or carrots.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)