Life in the Fast (Food) Lane
7 Healthy options when you’re eating out.
5. Salads. Round out any meal with a “side” or “garden” salad. Some full-meal salads are good options, but croutons and other nonvegetable toppings can quickly pile on the calories. As always, get your dressing on the side.
6. Vegetable soup or chili. These are usually filling and relatively low in fat and calories—but not always; check the nutrition information first.
7. The kid-size plain burger. This meat portion still satisfies, and it might even come with fruit or carrots.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)