More Healthy Ways to Survive Holidays & Parties:
Beat Winter Weight Gain
Exercise Escape Plan
3 Antidotes to Overeating
Healthy Holiday Eating for Diabetes
7 ways to stay in your “skinny jeans” during the holidays
Keeping the Lid on Santa's Cookie Jar
Many parties and holiday celebrations center on tempting foods and drinks—but with a game plan, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy them.
1. BYO - Offer to bring a dish to share—something that works with your eating plans, but that others will enjoy too. Get some recipe ideas from our Healthy Recipe Collections.
2. Survey the offerings and decide on one or two “must-haves.” Take a modest portion of each and fill the rest of your plate with veggies.
3. Go easy on alcoholic drinks, which can chip away at your resolve to eat mindfully.
4. Focus on the fun and conversation, not the food—and if there’s a dance floor, kick up your heels!
5. When you’re entertaining, serve up lower-calorie dishes you love. No need to announce that it’s “lighter” fare, unless someone asks.
Pictured: Bring a healthy dish to share. Try this yummy One-Bowl Chocolate Cake, just 139 calories a slice!