Why you should eat more of this healthy snack.
Popcorn eaters get 250% more whole grains in their diet than people who don’t eat popcorn, suggests data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (published recently in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association). Three cups of popped popcorn (what you get by popping 1 heaping tablespoon) equals one of your three recommended servings of whole grains, and costs you a mere 105 calories—provided you don’t add butter.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)