Does Total Fiber Intake Matter More Than The Fiber Source?
Focus on total fiber, not the source.
Bottom Line: Eating 25 grams of fiber per day (for women) or 38 grams (for men) seems daunting—until you make it a habit.
A day’s sample menu:
* Raisin bran = 7 g fiber/cup
* Raspberries = 8 g fiber/cup
* Whole-wheat spaghetti = 6 g fiber/cup
* Black-bean or lentil soup = 7 g fiber/cup
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)