Should I Take a Calcium Supplement?
New research on menopause and calcium supplements.
Calcium-Rich Recipes to Try
Calcium-Rich Milk Recipes
Calcium-Rich Recipes with Yogurt
Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert Recipes That Are Calcium-Rich
Bottom line: Before you start—or stop—taking calcium supplements, speak with your doctor. Women aged 19 to 50 need 1,000 mg per day; for women 51+ it’s 1,200 mg daily. It’s possible to meet these recommendations through food—if you choose wisely. Dairy products are good choices (choose nonfat or low-fat to limit saturated fat), as are kale and collards.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (85 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)