Should I Take a Calcium Supplement?
New research on menopause and calcium supplements.
Calcium-Rich Recipes to Try
Calcium-Rich Milk Recipes
Calcium-Rich Recipes with Yogurt
Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert Recipes That Are Calcium-Rich
Bottom line: Before you start—or stop—taking calcium supplements, speak with your doctor. Women aged 19 to 50 need 1,000 mg per day; for women 51+ it’s 1,200 mg daily. It’s possible to meet these recommendations through food—if you choose wisely. Dairy products are good choices (choose nonfat or low-fat to limit saturated fat), as are kale and collards.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)