Promising News About the Link Between Fighting Cancer and Fruit
"Pitting Fruit Against Cancer," July/August 2011
How peaches and plums may help fight cancer.
Plums and peaches contain two types of polyphenols (antioxidants) that may help kill breast cancer cells while leaving healthy cells intact, say researchers at Texas A&M. Good news, as 180,000 new cases of breast cancer are diagnosed each year and traditional treatments often harm healthy cells. The researchers also found that plums and peaches have antioxidant levels to rival “superfood” blueberries.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)