Guide to Food Allergies and Special Eating Needs
The 8 most common food allergies and how to eat around them.
ALSO RELEVANT TO:
Foods to Avoid: Shrimp, crab, lobster, crawfish, and more.
Note: Experts often caution those allergic to fish to be aware of cross-contamination risks of eating fish and other seafood.
Common Hidden Sources: Fish stocks, flavorings (anything labeled “natural and/or artificial flavorings” may contain fish by-products).
- Try risotto cakes instead of crab cakes.
- Stir up a festive paella using a variety of meats and veggies instead of shellfish.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)