Guide to Food Allergies and Special Eating Needs
The 8 most common food allergies and how to eat around them.
ALSO RELEVANT TO:
Foods to Avoid: Fish including tuna, salmon, catfish, and more.
Note: Experts often caution those allergic to fish to be aware of cross-contamination risks of eating shellfish and other seafood.
Common Hidden Sources: Caesar salad dressings (many contain anchovy paste), Worcestershire sauce, fish sauce, caponata, imitation crab meat (a.k.a., surimi).
- Blend olives and sun-dried tomatoes into cream cheese as a substitute for smoked salmon on a bagel.
- Prepare canned chicken as you would canned tuna.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)