Guide to Food Allergies and Special Eating Needs
The 8 most common food allergies and how to eat around them.
4. TREE NUTS
Foods to Avoid: Walnuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios, pecans, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, chestnuts, macadamia nuts, pine nuts, and more.
Note: Experts often caution those with tree nut allergies to avoid peanuts too. (See explanation above.)
Common Hidden Sources: Cereals, chocolate, candies, marzipan, nougat, mortadella, pesto and some natural and artificial flavors (i.e., read labels of all processed foods).
- Mix your own nut-free trail mix with a variety of favorite cereals, raisins and banana chips.
- Try whole-grain croutons in salads to mimic the crunchy texture of nuts.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)