Guide to Food Allergies and Special Eating Needs
The 8 most common food allergies and how to eat around them.
ALSO RELEVANT TO:
Foods to Avoid: Eggs
Note: Some people are so sensitive to egg proteins that cooking fumes can stoke an allergic reaction.
Common Hidden Sources: Ice creams, egg substitutes, pastas, candies, hot dogs, meatballs, breads, rolls and other baked goods, mayonnaise, meringues, marshmallows, nougat and marzipan.
- Sub mashed avocado, hummus or tapenade for mayo on sandwiches.
- Scramble tofu with salsa, black beans and a little cheese.
- Make your own frozen yogurt instead of eating commercial ice cream.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)