5 Common Foodborne Bacteria to Avoid
Bad bacteria you don’t want lurking in your food.
Spiral-shaped bacteria that’s mostly associated with raw or undercooked poultry because it grows best at birds’ body temperature. Sometimes found in unpasteurized milk.
Charges: Punching people in the stomach with diarrhea (possibly bloody) and vomiting lasting up to 10 days (onset is two to five days after exposure). In people with compromised immune systems, the bacteria can spread to the blood. Other complications may include arthritis and Guillan-Barré syndrome.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)