Can anything we eat or drink help? Here’s what the science says.
"pls help me on this sleepless nites, i m 27 weeks pregnant. I do not sleep more than 5 hour full. My sleeping patern is broken into 3- 4 hours than i m awake "
3. Drink herbal tea
Chamomile, lemon balm, hops and passionflower are all touted for their sleep-promoting properties. You’ll often find them in “sleep-formula” tea blends, but unfortunately their effectiveness hasn’t been proven in clinical studies, according to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. “I don’t doubt these teas work for some. A warm liquid before bed may produce sleepiness by generating body heat,” speculates Spielman. Beware: drinking liquids close to bedtime can mean nocturnal trips to the bathroom. A cup of “sleep-time” tea might be worth a try…if you have a strong bladder.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)