The Antioxidant Power of Popcorn
Discover the antioxidant power of popcorn, cranberries and kidney beans.
Healthy Recipes to Try
Cranberry Upside-Down Cake
Louisiana Red Beans & Rice
Spicy Kidney Bean & Bell Pepper Ragout
Healthy Antioxidant Rich Recipes and Tips
Q: What part of your body benefits from kidney beans, cranberries and popcorn?
A: Your heart. All these foods deliver polyphenols, antioxidants linked to improving heart health and also to reducing cancer risk. Good news for movie lovers: gram for gram, popcorn boasts the most polyphenols—three times more than kidney beans (the highest vegetable polyphenol source) and four times more than cranberries (the best fruit source), according to recent research out of the University of Scranton.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)