A new study shows apples may protect against metabolic syndrome.
Bottom line: Enjoy apples in all their forms—applesauce and juice (look for brands labeled “made with whole apples,” recommends Liu) and especially apples in their simplest, whole form. Be sure to leave the peel on—and not just because that’s where much of the healthy phytochemicals are concentrated, but for apples’ full flavor complexity.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)