10 Steps to Heart Health
You can change your fate by simply eating well.
Heart-Healthy Diet Recipes and Menus
Quick and Healthy Low-Cholesterol Recipes and Menus
Heart-Healthy Apple Recipes
Healthy High-Fiber Recipes and Menus
Healthy Low Fat Recipes and Menus
Healthy Whole-Grains Recipes and Cooking Tips
Healthy Fish Recipes and Tips
Step #10: Enjoy alcohol in moderation.
Scientific literature indicates that people who drink moderately are less likely to have heart disease than those who abstain. Alcohol appears to raise “good” HDL cholesterol. Wine, in particular, “thins” the blood (making it less prone to clotting) and also contains antioxidants that prevent your arteries from taking up LDL cholesterol, a process that can lead to plaque buildup. Remember, 1 drink equals 12 ounces of beer, 5 ounces of wine or 1.5 ounces of liquor.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)