The Pre-Pregnancy Plan
There’s no baby on board yet—just babies on the brain.
2. Aim for a healthy weight.
Being overweight can affect the balance of reproductive hormones that control your menstrual cycle and ovulation. Establishing a healthy diet before you conceive will also make it easier to eat well during pregnancy. The best approach to losing weight (and maintaining a healthy weight) is an eating plan that is sensible, satisfying—and supplies the right number of calories for your lifestyle.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)